Saturday, June 11, 2016

Day 269

I wonder if you still remember the little things about me like I remember you. Do you remember that
I use my left hand to hold a fork or that I always sleep on my left side? Do you remember my favorite blanket for movie watching, or the way I fell asleep on your shoulder if you made me stay up past midnight? Do you remember my guilty pleasures, singing loudly to pop music in the car and buying needless amounts of drugstore makeup? Do you remember the night I told you I would be yours forever?

You held your fork with your left hand and slept on your stomach with your arms above your head. You always said any blanket would do, as long as I was there to cuddle with you. You could stay up all night without getting tired, but it was usually around three am that you carried me to bed. Your guilty pleasures were singing in the shower and constantly snapping photos of me, whether we were on a date, or just getting ready for bed. You said we were perfect for each other, but then one night I was moving too fast.

And in a split second I went from being yours forever to no one's at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment